Elderly atopic skin
Now I am getting on a bit, my atopic skin needs a little extra care and attention.
Especially in the winter.
Because of the cold, the air can really dry me out!
My skin's sensitivity warned me it was dry - and vulnerable - I could now expect itch, and had to be really careful drying my back or otherwise I would be in real trouble!
If you are like me, you have to...
- be extra generous with frequency of applying emollient when the weather is cold
- think especially about where you dry out most - for me it’s my back, and my legs
- use a moisturiser “back spreader” !
- remember water dries the skin - especially when it is hot - and
- resist the temptation to use a towel to rub the skin dry - be quick and gentle for the best results.
Do you have elderly atopic skin?
Please add your experience and tips below.